Your next cheat meal: Chocolatier Koko Black teams up with one of Australia’s most iconic ice cream brands for a decadent new dessert
- Australian artisan chocolatier Koko Black has teamed up with Connoisseur
- The $8.40 packs of four ice creams come in two indulgent flavours
- The first is vanilla coated with 54 per cent dark chocolate
- The second is honeycomb coated in Tas Leatherwood honeycomb pieces
- The ice creams are available in all leading grocery and convenience stores
Artisan chocolatier Koko Black has teamed up with iconic Australian ice cream brand Connoisseur to transform its chocolate into a decadent frozen dessert range for the first time.
Designed for World Dessert Day today, the $8.40 packs of four are available at leading convenience and grocery stores across Australia and are crafted using creative ingredient combinations ‘designed for the Aussie palate’.
The first flavour is the Classic Vanilla with Premium Crafted Chocolate – classic vanilla ice cream coated in Koko Black’s 54 per cent dark chocolate.
Artisan chocolatier Koko Black has teamed up with iconic Australian ice cream brand Connoisseur to transform its chocolate into a decadent frozen dessert range for the first time
The second is Honeycomb with Premium Crafted Chocolate – honeycomb ice cream coated in Koko Black’s signature Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb pieces in 54 per cent dark chocolate.
Connoisseur’s team of culinary creators worked closely with Koko Black and their head chocolatier, Remco Brigou to design the indulgent new ice cream collection, leaning on his years of experience to perfect the balance of flavours.
‘The key to marrying the two decadent brands together was for it to feel like a true collaboration of Australia’s finest local ingredients,’ Brigou said.
The first flavour is the Classic Vanilla with Premium Crafted Chocolate – classic vanilla ice cream coated in Koko Black’s 54 per cent dark chocolate. The second is Honeycomb with Premium Crafted Chocolate – honeycomb ice cream coated in Koko Black’s signature Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb pieces
‘The chocolate coating is crafted from a premium selection of our Koko Black chocolate and has been expertly paired with Connoisseur’s much loved vanilla ice cream for a truly indulgent experience.’
Connoisseur Gourmet Ice Cream Marketing Manager Eileen Whitta said the team was thrilled to partner with Koko Black for the range.
‘It’s a truly immersive sensory experience for ice cream lovers in time for World Dessert Day. The flavour pairings were matched to appeal to the Australian palate showcasing quality local ingredients to thrill the senses,’ she said.
It’s the second time Koko Black has teamed up with a fellow Australian brand this year, with the crew creating a one-off Galaxy cake with Black Star Pastry for World Chocolate Day
Recipe: How to make a delicious No Bake Chocolate Tart
1 block (90g) of Step Into The Dark Chocolate
Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings
Optional: Koko Black Cocoa Powder
400-500ml thickened cream
1 tbsp vanilla extrac
400g plain biscuits (we use Digestive or Arrowroot)
¼ cup icing sugar (pure is best)
2 tbsp golden syrup or molasses
1. Place your biscuits of choice into a food processor, and blitz until you have a fine crumb. Leave biscuit crumb in food processor.
2. On the stove or in a microwave safe dish, melt together your butter and golden syrup.
3. Pour your butter mixture into the food processor, adding optional Koko Black Cocoa Powder (2 tbsp) to the mix if you’d like to create a chocolate base.
4. In a springform tart tin, press your biscuit mix in evenly, and up the sides of the tin. Ensure the crust isn’t too thick, but thick enough to support the filling.
5. Place in fridge for approximately half an hour.
6. In a saucepan on the stove, melt your Step Into The Dark Chocolate until smooth. Once cooled and smooth, stir in your icing sugar and vanilla extract for some added sweetness. Set aside.
7. In a stand mixer or with a hand beater, whisk your cream until you get lovely, billowy stiff peaks. Gently fold in your chocolate and combine well.
8. Pour cream into the biscuit mould, and spread flat with a spatula. Return to fridge to set for at least 2 hours, before sprinkling with Koko Black Milk Chocolate Shavings to serve.
It’s the second time Koko Black has teamed up with a fellow Australian brand this year, with the crew creating a one-off Galaxy cake with Black Star Pastry for World Chocolate Day.
The decadent creation was topped with a blazing Sao Thome chocolate flame and crumbled cocoa nib rubble reminiscent of the textures of the moon; the carved jet-stream of chocolate brings the meteor’s crashing effect to life.
Brigou described the ‘extremely light’ dessert as having an ‘indulgent and intense chocolate flavour’ that is complemented by hazelnut and said it was best enjoyed slowly.
‘Ensure you get a taste of each layer at once while taking a bite,’ he told FEMAIL.
‘We would suggest eating half the cake, then having the truffle on top and then continue to finish your slice.’